Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For Clara

I failed to take a before picture of this one. The book block itself was in good shape but the cover was just a cheap paper that had quickly fallen apart. She had used a lot of black tape to keep it usable. She also had used wide / clear packing tape to hold a couple of pages in place. I was able to remove the tape by using my wife's hair dryer on its hottest temperature. That softened the glue enough that I was able to gently remove the tape from the delicate Bible paper. I made the fore edge of the new black goatskin cover to overhang enough to provide some protection for the Bible book tabs she had added. I did this Bible in December, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment